Tuesday, February 7, 2012

First day of the rest of my ... month or two?

It's official-I quit my job! Cold turkey. Working customer service in a retail business is just not for me (even though I stuck through it for almost three years--and three Black Fridays). I just really needed a mental health break. I was questioning my actions which any person with student loan debt would probably do but when I checked my bank account to crunch some numbers and figure out the consequences of my decision, my tax return was there!! I feel like it was a sign that I'm doing the right thing. Here's your buffer, Kristie. Take the rest of the month off and figure things out.

So that's what I'm doing!! :D

FREEDOM!

The only cons is not saving any more money and having to eventually go find a different job. However, at least at the moment I'm not going any FURTHER into debt. Thanks, taxes. Geesh.

Today I'm going to go visit my grandparents-something I rarely get to do due to my busy schedule. I'm really excited to go there and not feel rushed to get to work in an hour. :)

I might even bring one of these:

During my break I'm also going to try to brush up on my Spanish...I'm not positive how useful it will be but it could come in handy when looking for a job (in Florida).

Hope your day is muy bien!
Yea, I have a long way to go.

Kristi(E)

No comments: