Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My 52 Weeks Project

I'm doing a different sort of 52 weeks project. It came about when I was making my New Year's Resolutions. Of course, I had the normal first thoughts--eat healthier, work out more, get more organized. The problem with such broad resolutions is that when can you ever feel like you've accomplished them? Sure, you could have like a weekly task of making menus, going shopping, and packing healthy snacks to bring to work--yet your goal still isn't really accomplished until the end of the year. So yes, I have some abstract resolutions--take more pictures, do more arts/crafts, actually 'get ready' in the morning, blog more, keep a budget, make menus, workout, visit my grandparents more often...okay, I guess that's a lot!

I've actually been doing FAIRLY well with I would say half of those. I've been making menus and keeping a budget, working out, blogging, and visiting my grandparents. Working out and eating healthy is not always the easiest thing in the world to get started on, but once I actually do it I feel way better. Yesterday I ran 1/4 mile without stopping!!! I know some people can do way more than that but it was a great start for my previously somewhat sedentary life.

I'm the kind of person who 1) likes making lists and 2) likes the feeling of accomplishment when you get to cross things off your list. That's why I've made a list of 52 Goals for the year. Some of them are things I've been putting off forever that I really just need to do for myself like:

-Finish my Jillian Michaels DVDs-Clean out my closet/drawers and get rid of clothes I don't wear-Contact Appointment-New glasses-Be able to run a mile-Don't cut my hair-Stop biting my nails-Take a gym class at USF-Change my passwords to a positive goal of mine-Talk to an advisor about an internship-Get a tattoo-make DIY christmas giftsThese are all things I've been saying I'll do for literally all of 2011 to no avail.Then there are more fun goals that actually involve getting out of the house such as:-Go to Pizza Fusion (new pizza restaurant)-Explore the mines/preservers-Go to Daytona over the summer-Go on a ghost tour-Visit the new Dali museum-Go to Rocky Horror show-Sunset at the beach with subs-Go to a roller derby match-Disney movie marathon in bed!-boardgame night w/ my mom-bake vegan cookies w/ my grandma-go rock climbing-picnic @ the Disney Wilderness Preserve-tube down the Rainbow River-rent the 2 person surrey at Hillsborough River State Park-have a vegan bbq/cookout/party extravaganza-mystery dinner theaterAnd then some other stuff that's half things I've been saying I'll do forever and half just other random things I think it would be fun to do, make, or eat:-Have a yardsale-organize my car-actually get oil changes when I'm supposed to-organize my cd collection-save $5000 towards paying back my student loan-make a green smoothie-make the heart cutout sweater posted here-make moussaka for Dena (my boss)-make a Garfield cake for Marc-make a youtube video-reread the Harry Potter series-make a pressed flower book-make bike pattern friendship bracelet-send letters and pictures to my grandparents in massachusetts-make Hello Kitty pizzas-brew dry tea-learn to knit and knit something-learn a whole song on guitar..for real..the whole 5 minutes or so and be able to play it-beat a video game-finish altering all the clothes that have been sitting in a pile of "clothes I love but are too big for me"-send a care package to my aunt w/ my brotherSo, I just have to accomplish one of these a week. Some are silly, but I'll update you about the details after I've accomplished them. And yes, a couple of them are sort of abstract--the no nail biting and no hair cutting but I still put them on my 52 weeks goals.Oh yeah, and I'm currently on book 4 of Harry Potter so I think I can make it! :DWorking out also goes along with going to Daytona this summer. Beach body!! hahaHave a great Monday :)Kristi(E)

No comments: