Saturday, January 28, 2012

National Kazoo Day!

TODAY IS NATIONAL KAZOO DAY!

I feel the need to write an entire blog about this because the first job I ever had was working at the one and only plastic kazoo manufacturer in America, Kazoobie!!

This was definitely the most enjoyable job I've ever had and I got to work with a great group of people. Oh wait, is anyone unsure of what a kazoo is?

This is a kazoo:



And you hum into the big end to make the kazoo noise!

It's pretty cool because Kazoobie does custom imprinting--we used to do a lot of wedding kazoos or promotional kazoos for companies to hand out/sell at events.



And they sell other "noise-making" items such as:


Acme Horn - very loud :)

Nose Flute - a personal favorite...you blow out your nose and move your mouth in different shapes to make the sounds.

Mouth Harp - which I find most interesting because I'm awful at playing it--there's videos on youtube though and it's pretty cool.


So there it is!! Happy National Kazoo Day!!!


Kristi(E)

No comments: